Though cannabis is still illegal at the federal level, many states are running medical marijuana programs legally. And to reap the health benefits of the herb, you just need a medical marijuana card. But it should be noted that each state has its own medical marijuana program, and you will be able to buy marijuana only from the state from which you got your MMJ card. For instance, say, you have a medical marijuana card in Fontana, you can buy marijuana in California only. However, some states practice reciprocity, too, which allows you to buy weed legally in these states even if you have an MMJ card from some other state.
Though the number of people applying for a medical marijuana card is on a rise, many people still don’t know the facts like above. Leave that, they don’t even know the very basic things. And that’s why they are not able to reap the benefits of the plant even if they want to. If you are also one of those, don’t worry. We are here to clear up all your confusion.
Here are some basic things which you must know before you apply for a medical marijuana card.
What’s a Medical Marijuana Card?
A medical marijuana card is an identification issued by the state which allows the holder to buy marijuana products legally from a designated place, such as a dispensary. This card is generally given to the people who are suffering from one or more of the qualifying medical conditions for the card.
In some states, this card even allows you to grow some limited amount of marijuana at home for your personal use. However, the rules and regulations vary from state to state. Some states, like California, allow the cardholder to access a wide variety of cannabis products. While others may have some very strict policies.
Benefits of Having a Medical Marijuana Card
There are many benefits that a medical marijuana card offers. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Cannabis that is sold in dispensaries generally goes through a rigorous testing process for pesticides, molds or any other impurities. And therefore, the cardholder gets their hands on the best product only.
- The patient can ask for advice from both, his physician and his budtender, to help him treat his specific medical condition.
- A patient with the card can purchase a more potent product that might not be available in the recreational market.
- Cardholders save on the taxes.
- They have exclusive access to medical-only delivery services.
- Most states allow medical marijuana cards to the patients who are 18 or above, while recreational marijuana is accessible only to the people who are above 21.
How can I get a Medical Marijuana Card?
Though the qualifying conditions may vary from state to state, when it comes to applying, the procedure is almost the same everywhere. To apply for the one, first, you need to check if you qualify for the card in your state or not.
If yes, the next step is to apply for the card online. During the process, there are a total of three steps through which you’ll have to go.
- Register with a valid e-mail id.
- Have a conversation with a qualified doctor. The doctor will assess your medical condition. You need to have a webcam and a mic attached to your system for this particular condition.
- If the doctor finds your condition qualifying, you’ll get a medical marijuana recommendation in your inbox within minutes. A hard copy of the letter will also be sent to you at your registered address.
The whole process is very simple and takes not more than 10 minutes. Once you have got your mmj recommendation, you can visit any cannabis dispensary nearby and buy marijuana legally.
These were some basic things that you must know before you apply for an MMJ card. We hope we have cleared up most of your confusion. And now that you know the basics of it, why don’t you apply for a medical marijuana card in Fontana?
If you still have any doubts or questions, write them down in the comment section below. We’ll be happy to solve your queries.